Welcome to the website of the Hellenic Ministry of Culture and Sports, Directorate of International Relations and European Union, Department of European Union.
This website offers information about the nomination of the European Capital of Culture (ECoC), institution which Greece will host in 2021, as well as cultural activities funded by the European Commission.
European Capitals of Culture have already been designated until 2024:
- 2019 – Matera (Italy) and Plovdiv (Bulgaria)
- 2020 – Rijeca (Croatia) and Galway (Ireland)
- 2021 – Timisoara (Romania), Elefsina (Greece) and Novi Sad (Serbia, candidate country)
- 2022 – Kaounas (Lithuania) and Esch (Luxembourg)
- 2023 – Veszprém (Hungary)
- 2024 – Tartu (Estonia), Bad Ischl-Salzkammergut (Austria) and Bodø (Norway, EFTA country)